top of page


The Colorado Child Care Assistance program. Questions, Answers and Links to Resources.

Please scroll to the bottom of the page for further resources for your local resources.

  • How do I know if I am eligible to receive a childcare subsidy?
    You may be eligible to participate in CCCAP if you: Reside in Colorado Are working, seeking employment, or are participating in training/education Have at least one child who is under 13 years old (or 19 years old if the child has special needs or a disability and requires child care) Have a family income of less than the county defined maximum Recipients with income are responsible to pay a portion of the cost of care. Types of care available include full-time care, part-time care, and summer-time care. Each county sets eligibility requirements for families but must help families that have an income of 165% or less of the federal poverty guideline. Counties will not serve families that have an income over 85% of the state median income. View the Family Income Guidelines for CCCAP eligibility by County. Employment information - When you first apply for child care assistance, your child care worker may contact your employer by phone to verify hours and wages. You have 30 days to give written verification of your employment or education program. If verification is not completed, you will not receive benefits. Let your child care worker know immediately if you cannot get the verification information.
  • Which STARS sites accept CCAP?
    STARS Kids Care will accept CCAP in every school we are licensed for.
  • Use the Attendance Tracking System (ATS) to set up your Parent account
    You will need a Gmail account for ATS to send you a “Welcome email” to set up your account and PIN The Attendance Tracking System is live as of April 23. You will no longer use your CCCAP swipe card. Training on ATS system for Parents: Videos (Overview; Set/Reset Passwords; Add Delegates; Introduction to the Parent Kiosk) ​​Parent Functionality (PowerPoint) Confirming or Authorizing Care ATS Frequently Asked Questions
  • Where do I go to apply for CCAP?
    You can apply for CCCAP online, by mail or by contacting your county's department of human/social services. If you are using the paper application, you must submit it to your county department of human/social services in person or by mail. Lists by County: You can fill out the application on line in English or in Spanish through the Department of Human Services: Through the Office of Early Childhood for additional information.
  • Is citizenship status required?
    Children receiving care must be U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully admitted for permanent residence. Verification of citizenship status for the child must be provided in order to determine eligibility. (This may include birth certificates, or any other verification accepted by the Colorado Department of Revenue to verify citizenship status. (Section 3.140.1) If verification is not available at the time of application a family may be given a reasonable amount of time to secure that information before the child becomes ineligible for child care. The reason for the delay in providing the documentation must be well-documented. The citizenship requirement does not apply to parents.
  • What do I need to do once my child is in the Child Care Assistance Program?
    a. Give a copy of your authorization letter to the STARS Kid Care Site Director during program hours. b. Enroll your child in the STARS Kid Care Program. If your child attends STARS programs outside of the start and end dates listed on your fiscal agreements, you are responsible for payment in full at the regular rates. Your co-pay is not applicable to dates outside the approved dates on your voucher d. Notify your CCAP caseworker about any changes in your income, employment status, family unit, or enrollment in a training program or school within 3 days of the change. If there are no changes, you must complete redetermination paperwork with your caseworker after 1 year to renew your child’s enrollment into the program. Otherwise your child will be terminated from the Child Care Subsidy Program.
  • What is the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program?
    The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) program provides child care assistance to families who are working, searching for employment, or are in training, and families who are enrolled in the Colorado Works program and need child care. CCCAP provides you access to reduced cost child care at licensed child care facilities and Providers. Families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program and PEAK (Program Eligibility and Assistance Kit) can also use CCCAP services. The enrollment process through your county may take 30-45 days to receive approval, and the application process will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
  • What kind of documentation do I need to enroll in the Child Care Subsidy Program?
    You will need documentation in the form of an Authorized letter from your County, and a completed application form. Your Case Worker in your County can provide this for you. What's documents are needed to apply for CCAP? You must apply in the county you reside Parent's/caretaker's photo ID. A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate or other documents proving lawful presence in the U.S. Proof of household income including but not limited to: Pay Stubs Child Support Unemployment documentation Verification of Self Employment forms
  • Paying Your Parent Fees
    You are required to pay a portion of your child care costs. The amount paid is based on your gross income, the number of people in your household, and the number of children in care. The fee should be paid directly to STARS Kid Care at the beginning of each month, and it is the first payment the provider will receive for providing care for your children. If you fail to pay the parent fee, child care benefits may end, and you may be unable to receive benefits in the future. The parent fee covers the amount of care agreed upon between you and the county department of human/social services. This amount is shown on your Child Care Assistance Program Authorization Eligibility Notice. STARS will not charge you more than the county's rate for your authorized child care. However, STARS will charge you for any hours used beyond your approved hours and late fees if you pick up your child after hours.
  • Paying your co-pay weekly.
    Payments are due every Sunday for the current week. Payments are due every Monday for the current week. You may sign up for weekly or monthly auto-pay and receive Auto-pay requires a debit/credit card or checking account number and bank routing number be saved on your STARS Parent Portal account. All co-pays are paid directly to STARS Kid Care Parent Portal. Please contact If you have further questions.
Adams County

Who's Eligible

  • Parents who are working

  • Parents who are searching for a job (within state established time limits)

  • Teen parents (up to age 21) in a high school or GED program

  • Parents needing child care for post-secondary education or training (up to a first Bachelor's Degree or less)

  • GED, ESL, or Adult Basic Educaiton

  • Families receiving Colorado Works/TANF

  • Applicants must be residents of Adams County

  • If applicable, parents must continue to cooperate with Child Support Services for the children requesting care.

CCAP Intake / New Applications 
Paper Applications (New)

Amalia Espinoza

PEAK Applications

Margarita Lazo

Arapahoe County

ACHS- Child Care Assistance
14980 E. Alameda Dr.
Aurora, CO 80012

Phone (303)636-1170
Fax (303)636-1426

Child Care Assistance

The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) helps eligible families with the costs of child care for children from birth to age 12 while the parents work toward self-sufficiency.


  • To qualify for CCAP, parents must meet income limits and be involved in one of the following activities:

    • Working or looking for a job

    • Attending college or vocational school

    • Enrolled in high school if under age 21

    • Studying for a GED if under age 21


Parents must also pay a portion of the child care costs. Parental fees, program benefits, provider rates and program availability are subject to change.

How to Apply – Arapahoe County

Colorado's online application and eligibility tool for CCAP are currently under construction. Please apply for or renew CCAP benefits using the following links:


Main Office
14980 E. Alameda Drive
First Floor
Aurora, CO 80012

Ph: 303-636-1170
Fx: 303-636-1426
Relay Colorado: 303-636-1522

Satellite Office
1690 W. Littleton Blvd.
First Floor
Littleton, CO 80120

Ph: 303-636-1170
Fx: 303-734-4301
Relay Colorado: 711


View Income eligibility:

Denver County:



Phone (720)944-KIDS (5437)
Fax (720)944-3330

Phone: (720) 944-3666


Application :

For Denver County - The CCAP application and other forms can be easily downloaded by clicking the links below:

  • English CCAP Application Packet - includes parent checklist, authorization to release form, the card request form, non-school days form, verification of county residency and verification of employment and the job search agreement form. 

Once you've completed the CCAP Application Packet, you can drop it off at one of the onsite CCAP drop boxes at the following locations:

  • Denver Human Services Richard T. Castro Center
    1200 Federal Blvd.
    Denver, CO 80204

  • Denver Human Services East Office
    3815 Steele St.
    Denver, CO 80205

  • Arie P. Taylor Municipal Building (DHS Montbello office)
    4685 Peoria St.
    Denver, CO 80239

If you need application assistance or have a question about eligibility, visit the Richard T. Castro Center (1200 Federal Blvd.) Monday-Thursday between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. to meet one-on-one with an Eligibility Technician.

Jeffco County

Child Care Assistance - What is CCAP?

The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides financial assistance to eligible low-income families who need child care benefits for children from birth to age 12 or children with additional care needs under the age of 19. If you are eligible, a portion of the total child care cost will be paid directly to the provider. You will be required to pay a portion of the child care costs to the provider based on family size and income.

Effective April 16, 2018 the Jefferson County CCAP Will Suspend the Wait List

The wait list will be suspended effective April 16, 2018. Families meeting income requirement guidelines may apply for child care assistance by applying on line using the PEAK Application. Families may also apply in person at:


Laramie Building
3500 Illinois Street
Golden, CO

Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.


For more information or to learn about additional CCAP requirements, please call 303-271-4484.

Apply Online: Apply online using the PEAK Application.



Laramie Building
3500 Illinois Street
Golden, CO


Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.


For more information or to learn about additional CCAP requirements, please call 303-271-4484.



Important CCAP Forms and Documents

bottom of page